GREEN INITIATIVE

TO VIEW OUR GREEN REPORT CARD CLICK HERE

CASA MONO/BAR JAMÓN is proud to be a Certified Two Star Green Restaurant®. We have implemented the following environmentally sustainable practices in accordance with the Green Restaurant Association's rigorous guidelines:

WASTE REDUCTION
We do not use polystyrene foam (Styrofoam). Our full-scale recycling program includes the separation and processing of cardboard, glass, metal, plastic as well as a pre and post consumer waste composting program, and grease recycling.

ELIMINATION OF BOTTLED WATER
As an environmentally friendly alternative to the waste associated with the manufacturing, transport and disposal of conventional bottled water, we installed the NATURA™ water system and discontinued using bottled water. The NATURA™ system is a countertop machine that triple-carbon filters and UV sterilizes water, which we then serve in reusable carafes (which don't end up in a landfill).

POLLUTION PREVENTION
We are using the latest in WareWashing technology, which utilizes non-caustic chemistry and 95% less packaging material (and, therefore, transportation) than bulkier liquid detergents.

Our cleaning products are all either Green Seal Certified or meet the Green Restaurant Association's strict standards.

WATER CONSERVATION
We installed Water Efficient Faucet Aerators on all of our kitchen hand sinks. These aerators use only a half-gallon to one-and-a-half gallons of water per minute and they maintain a uniform water flow and spray pattern. This simple step will reduce the water consumption of our sinks by more than half.
We also have an Energy Star approved dish machine which uses less energy and less water.

ENERGY CONSERVATION
80% of CASA MONO's lighting fixtures are high efficiency T8 and T5 Bulbs. The remaining 20% of the fixtures are Compact Fluorescent lamps.

The low flow aerators and spray valves on our sinks also conserve energy (not just water) when it comes to hot water usage.

FOOD
44% of CASA MONO and BAR JAMÓN's food purchases are vegan and 30% are vegetarian.

DISPOSABLES
We use 100% recycled bath tissue, paper towels and office paper. In addition, our parchment paper and To Go containers are 100% recycled. Soon we will be switching our menu paper to 100% recycled paper printed with vegetable inks.